February 7, 2013 1 Comment
How to Promote Books
So I’ve been promoting my book for the last few weeks. In the following ways:
- Mailing copies to my backers ON TIME, thus fulfilling my Kickstarter obligations and (hopefully) inspiring some of my biggest fans
- Mailing copies to my advanced readers / editors; ditto the above.
- Mailing copies to people who helped inspire the book. (Thanks, Bill Smoot, author of Conversations with Great Teachers!)
- Mailing copies to people I think would get a kick out of it.
- Emailing the PDF to adult ed blogs and groups that advocate for adult education.
- Selling copies to people I meet in the Mission. This has gone surprisingly well.
I also have a couple readings coming up. One is at my favorite bookstore in NYC, Bluestockings, on Monday, February 18th at 7pm. My next scheduled appearance is in San Francisco, at 518 Valencia St., on Wednesday, March 6th at 7pm. Come for the cupcakes and beer, stay for the learning!